Politics

Peter Obi Says He Did Not Listen To Baba Ahmed Remarks On EndSars Massacre

Peter Obi Says He Did Not Listen To Baba Ahmed Remarks On EndSars Massacre

Peter Obi, who is running for president on the Labour Party ticket, has responded to the statement that Datti Baba- Ahmed, who is running for vice president on the Labour Party ticket, made regarding the shooting that occurred at the Lekki toll gate during the EndSARS demonstration……………..Continue Reading

 

 

You may recall that Baba- Ahmed, while participating in an interview session on the Channels TV program Politics Today, claimed that the use of the word ” massacre” for the shooting that occurred in Lekki during the October 2020 #EndSARS protest is debatable. Baba- comments Ahmed’ s were broadcast last week.

The allegation elicited unfavorable feedback from a number of Nigerians, particularly younger people, who were of the opinion that he was denying that any killings had taken place at the Lekki toll gate in his statement.

On the other hand, Obi stated that he was hearing Datti’ s remarks about the shooting in Lekki for the very first time as he was taking questions on the Arise TV Morning Show programme on Monday morning.

He claimed that many things had been done incorrectly in the past and that an apology was necessary for all of them.

” I did not even bother to listen to it; perhaps I will replay everything and pay attention to it all. I am obligated to inform you that I did not hear it; in fact, this is the first time that I am hearing it. There are a few things, in my opinion, that we ought to probably open up and investigate tomorrow. ”

Related Articles

Back to top button