Judge Remands Man Who Beat Nigerian Migrant To Death In Italy | MyLatestGist.com
Crime

Judge Remands Man Who Beat Nigerian Migrant To Death In Italy

Judge Remands Man Who Beat Nigerian Migrant To Death In Italy

A judge in Macerata on Monday, August 1, 2022, ordered that Filippo Claudio Giuseppe Ferlazzo, the man who beat a Nigerian migrant to death in Italy, must remain in jail.

Alika Ogorchukwu was killed by Ferlazzo on the streets of Civitanova Marche city located in the Province of Macerata, Marche Region of Italy after he allegedy complimented Ferlazzo’s partner’s beauty .

 

The case has shocked the nation because of the brutality of the assault and the fact that several passers-by watched and some recorded the attack, but no one intervened to save the 39-year-old street hawker.

ALSO READ:  Police Arrest Two Suspected Fake Officers, Recover Stolen Vehicle, Toy Gun In Delta

Ferlazzo’s lawyer, Roberta Bizzarri, said during Monday’s hearing, her client cooperated with investigators, had apologized for what happened and had “clarified” that racism was not the motive.

“Regardless of the colour of his skin he would have committed that very ugly gesture.” Bizzarri told journalists outside the court.

Macerata prosecutors have also charged Ferlazzo, 32, with homicide and robbery, as he also allegedly took Ogochukwu’s phone after killing him, but racism was not cited as an aggravating factor.

ALSO READ:  MAD OO! ! ! Pregnant Lady Set Her Boyfriend's Room Ablaze, Read What He Did To Her

According to ANSA Italy report, Ferlazzo family said he had a history of mental health problems, which had led to his mother being assigned as his legal guardian by a court.

“Why wasn’t he being monitored even though he had a guardian?” said Francesco Mantella, the lawyer representing Ogorchukwu’s family…….Continue Reading

“Apologies are not enough,” Ogorchukwu’s family said via the lawyer. “What is needed now is justice, not vendetta. It’s difficult to understand what happened.”

ALSO READ:  At least 30 corps members narrowly escaped death as their bus went up in flames at a fuel station in Warri (video)

Patrick Guobadia of the Nigerians in Italy association said that “if it had been two Italians, things would have turned out differently – someone would have intervened to separate them.”

Ogorchukwu leaves behind a wife and an eight-year-old son. He also provided for an 10-year-old girl who lived with his family but was not his daughter.

Meanwhile, the local council has set up a fund of 15,000 euros to help the victim’s family.

 

 

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Notjustloaded.com
Back to top button