The heart is an important organ that is responsible for, pumping blood throughout the body. Many people suffer from heart diseases and one of the leading causes of death is, heart diseases.
One of the best ways to save your heart from heart diseases is by, eating good foods and avoiding certain foods.
Because, some foods can promote heart health while, others can cause, damage or, increase the risk of heart diseases in people.
Here Are Five Foods That Can Save Your Heart From Heart Diseases
1. Red Wine: red wine contains, antioxidants which help to protect the artery walls. When the artery walls are protected, it can prevent heart diseases. Red wine also boost the good cholesterol levels in the body thereby, protecting the heart.
Although, red wine is good for the heart, it still contains alcohol and therefore, it should only be taken in small quantities.
2. Oranges: orange is one of the most popular fruits in Nigeria and it’s relatively cheap price makes it affordable for everybody. Oranges contain pectin which is a, cholesterol fighting fiber that helps to keep cholesterol levels in check.
The potassium in oranges also regulates blood pressure which prevents heart diseases.
3. Sweet Potatoes: sweet potatoes are one of the best foods for older people and children too. Sweet potatoes are highly nutritious and have several health benefits.
Sweet potatoes contains certain antioxidants and nutrients that improves heart health.
4. Oatmeal: oatmeal is one of the best food you can give a person because it is highly nutritious and has several health benefits. Oatmeal contains a lot of fiber which helps to lower the bad cholesterol levels in the body.
Avoid adding sugar or sweeteners to your oats. In addition to saving the heart, oatmeal also promotes digestive health. You can also use oats to make fufu.
5. Olive Oil: although, olive oil is not food per se, it used to cook many types of food. Olive oil contains healthy fats and heart friendly antioxidants which promotes heart health and prevents heart diseases.
Olive oil also, protects the blood vessels and lowers cholesterol levels all of which Improves heart health.
Other foods that can save your heart includes, dark leafy vegetables like, ugu and spinach, plain yogurt, blue berries and walnuts.