Cockroaches are among the most common pests in the United States. They can be found in homes, schools, businesses and other buildings that take advantage of the warm-weather months to multiply and grow.
If you want to keep cockroaches away from your home, there are some simple things you can do that will help prevent them from moving in.
Here are seven ways to keep cockroaches from entering your home:
If you don’t want cockroaches in your home, do these simple things:
1. Clean the kitchen and food preparation areas regularly.
2. Keep food in sealed containers or in the refrigerator as much as possible.
3. Remove any spills immediately and clean up any messes that are hard to clean up right away (such as grease).
4. Store food in airtight containers or in the refrigerator if you can’t get rid of cockroaches completely.
5. Get rid of all standing water, including leaky faucets in your kitchen and bathroom sinks; anything that leaks from outside into your home, such as old pipes or gutters; and any puddles around the foundation of your home.